2.01.2015

Rewind








Thoughts from January 31 2014

My birthday.
17.
Somehow I still feel like the red-cheeked-blonde-haired-counting-bugs-and-cigarette-butts 7 year old. I feel scared and reckless and young. I'm almost an adult now, but I can still remember when my biggest concern was whether or not someone would carry me into the house when I fell asleep on the car ride home. The days where I would sit and play under my bedroom window, collecting raspberries and peaches. Making up terrible stories about our Mexican neighbor and his sunken-in trampoline. Where I would carry around my porcelain dolls, brushing out their frizzy hair and trying to glue their toes back on. Where I would be sitting on the kitchen floor, playing with my fingers and running string and lint in between the tile grout; asking my mom if she believed in the tooth fairy and how God puts babies in her stomach.
Now I know all the answers to my naive child-like questions, but I still feel just as unsure about the unknown as I did when I was 7.
I'm scared to grow up.
I'm scared I'll feel disappointed forever.

Things in my bed tonight:
dictionary
movie case
lotion
blankets
2 half eaten poptarts
new ear buds
2 shirts
jacket
tv
pens
phone
walmart sack.


January 31 2015
Daily Haiku

Winter skies compress
She howls through the turning moon
How simple we are


5 comments:

  1. Arent we all 7 years old but pretending to be 17? I know i am and my sister and my dad and my mom and my brother and my teacher. I wish we could all just stop pretending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog so far. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I I really like this. Honest. Real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your style of writing is so different than all of the other blogs I've read. It's so refreshing and real and you are amazing.

    Please don't slow down. Keep taking our breath away. Thx.

    ReplyDelete